Good Evening everyone. Today is Sunday and a very important thing to remember is… don’t forget to do something for yourself and that will make you happy.
I know I’m bad at it. Life tends to get too busy, work kind of just takes over my life and then before I know it I never did anything I personally wanted to do for myself in over a month, so it is very important to schedule in that “me time” where you can.
The most recent thing I made sure I did for myself was to go for an eye check up and ordered new glasses. My current glasses are now three years out dated and I’ve been getting frequent headaches, so it’s about time I decided to take care of myself. I also got new shoes, since my old ones keep giving me blisters… I needed a pair strictly just for walking/working out and another pair for every day (non-athletic purposes).
Here are some things you can do that will help promote self care:
1) Wash your hair, enjoy a nice bubble bath or an extended shower so you can focus on exfoliating your face/body or washing your hair.
2) Do a nose strip or wear a face mask. Honestly love doing face masks, I find them incredibly relaxing, and they are great for your skin.
3) If there is a particular book you’ve been wanting to read, then give yourself some time to read it. A specific game you want to play, a show you want to binge or a movie you have been meaning to watch. Just do it! Life can’t be all work and no play, you need to find time to reward yourself.
4) Aromatherapy. Is there a candle you really enjoy or if you prefer to use diffusers. Use them while you’re working or blogging. Or simply pick up a book or a magazine and read while enjoying the Aroma.
5) Exercise. Either you need to get up and stretch every 1-2 hours, go for a bike ride, play a sport you enjoy, go for a walk or run. Participate in a Bootcamp or Zumba class. Getting regular exercise in is proof to make you healthier both physically and mentally.
6) Is cooking or baking therapeutic to you? If so, go on Pinterest and find a new recipe you really want to try.
7) Find a hobby that makes you happy. There is so much you can do. Read, write, knit, sew, paint. Completely up to you and whatever makes YOU happy. The focus is you and the point is to unwind and relax.
8) Make yourself that cup of tea or coffee that you’ve been excited for OR go to a cafe you’ve been meaning to try out.
9) Do a diamond art, paint, do a jigsaw puzzle, some crafts, cross word or word search. Anything to help you enjoy some calm quality time with yours.
10) if there is something you’ve been meaning to do that you keep putting off.. just set some time time to that, call up that friend or family member. Sign up for that class you wanted to do to help with new skills or career calls.
FOCUS. ON. WHAT. MAKES. YOU. HAPPY.